No blog would be complete without a cheesy “Places I’d like to travel to:” post/list, and this one is no exception (so my apologies are offered in advance of said list). I’m sure there’ll be various addenda at some point (and feel free to recommend anywhere amazing that you think I ought to visit in the comments below), but without further ado, let’s take a look at it shall we?
In no particular order (although, let’s be honest, I’ll probably get the domestic ones done first):
3. The Inner and Outer Hebrides, United Kingdom
4. The Orkney and Shetland Islands, United Kingdom
5. La Réunion, France (Département D’outre Mer)
6. South East Asia (Thailand; Laos; Cambodia; and Vietnam)
7. The Channel Islands (British Crown Dependencies)
8. China (inland areas); Mongolia
9. San Marino
10. Pacific Islands (including Nauru/Tuvalu/etc.; Hawaii, and the Aleutian Islands, United States)
11. New Zealand
12. New Caledonia, France
13. Western United States and Canada
14. Hadrian’s Wall Path (walking its length, coast to coast), United Kingdom
15. Various Greek islands (including Santorini), Greece; Cyprus
16. Slovenia; FYRO Macedonia; and the other Balkan states.
17. Lithuania and Latvia, northern Scandinavia (Gulf of Bothnia region, including the Åland Islands)
18. The Falkland Islands (British Overseas Territory); Tierra Del Fuego, Chile/Argentina
19. Anglesey, United Kingdom
20. The Isle of Man (British Crown Dependency)
21. Istanbul, Turkey
23. Yellowknife, Canada
24. Yosemite National Park, United States
25. The Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
I was going to add Easter Island, but seeing as my air ticket there is stuck above my desk, it feels like I’d be cheating to include that, given that it’ll be ticked off soon.
Anyway, that’s enough procrastination for one day, and the Tawny Owl hooting outside my window is telling me that it’s probably wise to get some sleep now!