Well this makes a change, a morning post! I woke up quite early, having gone to bed quite early too (always nice not to have to face the harsh scream of the alarm clock), and headed to the UL. It’s proving reasonably popular these days, with 20 people waiting outside for it to open.
Also, I had a really strange dream last night. Essentially, I was in my grandparents’ garden trying to sneak up on a Capercaillie to take a photo of it (or what was defined in the dream as being a Capercaillie). In the dream it had yellow feathers on its tummy, and so was definitely not an actual Capercaillie, although the rest of it was black. I did eventually get a photo, but it was when it was running away (or strictly, swimming away, as the setting had changed to a lake by this point). Bit odd given that to my knowledge Capercaillies don’t/can’t swim, but that’s dreams for you! If interpreting random gibberish is your thing, comment below with your thoughts! For some classic Attenborough on Capercaillies, click here.
Update: Today’s exam is now done, I messed up half the first question by getting the plates muddled up (instead of treating them as diverging, I thought they were converging – not very clever…). Anyway, that little error has at most cost me 1% of this year’s total grade, but with method marks still potentially up for grabs, the probability is that <1% has been lost (so fingers crossed I won’t be close to a grade boundary)!
Today’s exam represents 5% of this year’s grade, and 10% of the total time spent in examinations. 10% of the marks and 20% of the time spent in exams remain.